Monday, May 20, 2013

untitled



I'm lying on my back in a shallow grave. My arms are limp. I can't pull myself out of the ditch. Some guy standing over me asks if I need a hand. I think I remember him from high school. I'd seen him on Fountain Square last fall, too, but didn't say hi. I ask him what he wants in return. He says a good deed is its own reward. I don't believe him. “What do you want?”
“I want you to ask.”
“Fuck you.” I try again to free myself but still can't do it. Some kind of rodent is biting me; it itches. The sky is a blinding white. Now it's raining. It stings. I'm bleeding! No, it's the droplets... they don't stop. It's raining blood. Where is the guy from high school? I see a bulldozer; it's marked 'CYPRUS UNIVERSITY POLICE'. I can't breathe. Mud and gravel are falling on me. I want to take one last breath. I can't. “Will you help me?” Everything goes black.

No comments:

Post a Comment